1. A piece of Bamboo ( edible variety), both sides close, if possible get it cut with a handle. "Sungat Diya" is best during October and November as the Bamboos have water in them and the tender variations are avaiable.
2. A fire place to burn the Bamboo.
3. Rice, about half of the Bamboo piece. ( In Assamese, "adha sunga").
4. Dried chicken/pork/meat, if you do not have the dried variety, use small cut chickens.
5. Bamboo shoot, pieced, if you like.
7. Cardamom (4) and Cinamon (Half inch) along with a few Lavang.
8. One Onion chopped.
9. Little bit ginger garlic - chopped, ( only if you like).
10. Banana Leaves
Soak the rice for about half an hour. Clean all ingredients and mix in a bowl. Drain water from the rice and mix with the rest of the ingredients ( do not mix the Bamboo and Banana leaves). Open the Bamboo from one end and fill the hole with the Mixure. Pour water, leaving about an inch to fill the bamboo. Close it tightly with Banana leaves. Now roast the bamboo with rice inside in fire place. The outer side will turn dark grey and you will be able to smell it cooked. Remove from flame and open and eat.