1. A piece of Bamboo ( edible variety), both sides close.As mentioned before, "Sungat Diya" is best during October and November as the Bamboos have water in them and the tender variations are avaiable.
2. A fire place to burn the Bamboo.
3. Small Fish - About 500 gm will fill in 3 Bamboos of 20 inches size. Please clean and wash. (In Assamese, Mowa Maas or Xoru Maas)
4. Chopped Onions - 2 Big
5. Chopped Green Chillies - As per your taste.
6. A bunch of coriander - As per taste
7. Salt - As per taste.
8. Mustered oil - 2 Spoons
9. Banana Leaves
Mix all ingredients except the Bamboo and Banana Leaves. Light your fire. Put all the ingredients in the bamboo hole leaving about an inch of space between your banana leaf stopper and the ingredients. Close it tightly and roast it well. Make sure your Bamboo is fully roasted but not cracked. Once done open it and enjoy.